As you know, I haven’t written you in a very long time. Adults aren’t supposed to write you, right? At some time in our young lives, we loose the wonder and the belief that you are real and so, just like what happens when we stop riding our bikes and get our first car, everything changes.
Something miraculous happened to me this year. My sense of wonder, joy, connection to nature and things bigger than me returned. And it returned when I began riding a bike again. This time, daily, as a commuter. I’ve been very good this year and amazing things are occurring in my life.
This September, I “gifted” my car to a non-profit organization and was rewarded with a supremely cool commuter bike from New Belgium for becoming their 101’st Car for Bike Trader ~ aka: car traitor.
Then, just a few days later, I won a custom designed New Belgium cruiser at the VIP Party for Tour de Fat volunteers. That in itself is another interesting series of events as the first ticket drawn belonged to someone who left before the grand prize drawing. My ticket, was the second ticket drawn. Did you have something to do with this? I’ve never been lucky but apparently, either my bike karma is off the chain or you ARE real! I BELIEVE!
If you’re listening, and I believe you are, I’m sending you my wish list for Christmas. All I really want are just a few things I hope you can come by.
- Three wheel sets – 700’s – Tubeless tires, puncture-resistant tires, studded tires.
- Anti-fog, polarized sunglasses
- Waterproof panniers
- Insulated, waterproof winter boots
- Insulated, waterproof gloves
- A case of New Belgium Fat Tire
- 20 lbs. of The Mill’s Continental Blend coffee (whole bean)
- 20 lbs. of Licorice International’s Dutch Salmiak Rock salt licorice
And for the kids…
- Two sets of RuffWear Bark ‘N Boot, Polar Trax Dog Booties – small for Bailey, medium for Gus
- Two, Powder Hound jackets – small for Bailey, medium for Gus
- 20 lbs. of rawhide, spiral chewies – organically sourced
By the way, thank you for finally getting me that trampoline I asked for when I was five years old. I know it took many years to come by but I really had a blast learning how to do flips and scissor jumps again as an adult!
P.S. ~ I hope you enjoy the cookies! Gus and Bailey made them. They are all organic and made with real sugar. 🙂